
Honestly, this makes me feel sick. I'm way to OCD to EVER let my room or living space get like this. I do however keep vast amounts of random, worthless objects. I do it with everything. For example I must have at least three pencil cases full of pens I'll probably never use, Kinder Surprise toys, boxes and little tubs (you know the one's with the good lids that seal well and you can reuse them), clothes I've never worn and clothes that I haven't worn for at least a year or more, old birthday cards dating back to God knows when. The list goes on. I convince myself that these objects may not have a use now, but one day, I may need them. As logical as this is of me, it's just completely unrealistic and quite frankly it means that my room is full of things that I may or may not need one day.
I just can't physically throw potentially usable things away. However, I've been getting pissed off with the fact that I don't have any space in my room. So I finally did it. I got myself some black bags and I sat there ALL day. I literally bagged anything that was useless.
Now this was an extremely painful process, and of course I kept a few sentimental things, but FOUR black bags later and I had finished. This means I can finally paint my room and I've decided to do this in the Easter half term. I also have a desk to do coursework on now, so hopefully I'll do more of that. Pfft.
So this post has mad me look slightly insane and has probably made you think OH DEAR. I did warn you that I was a "crazy, opinionated bitch."
I can completely understand this, I keep so much crap too - But Unlike you, I refuse to give it up :L
ReplyDeleteDo you know how annoyed I was that my Mum took my Winnie the Pooh Umbrella?!! AND I actually use it!
I point blank refused to let her take my Minnie-Suitcase
Hahaa completely agree :L I just moved rooms and i literally chucked 10 boxes of useless junk that i never even look at :L It does make you feel soo much better though when you only have the stuff you need in a newly decorated room ;) x
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ9XIP6XNXs&feature=player_embedded#at=54
ReplyDeleteCompletely not related but still LOLLLL