We all think we're mega important. And yeah, maybe, if we're unlucky enough, we'll be in the limelight. I say unlucky because, well, everyone wants a bit of fame, to be noticed, to be 'famous' or idolised. But why? Is it all that it's cracked up to be? I can understand that people want to be appreciated and known, and sometimes life would be easier if we were rolling in it, paid to do interviews with magazines and news papers and paid to star on tv shows. But if it came to it, would you really enjoy it? Having paparazzi take your picture at every possible moment; I don't know about you, but the idea of my mug shot with no make up and hair scraped up plastered in the papers all over the world is my idea of hell. If that makes me vein then so be it.
I was thinking earlier, it would be absolutely wicked if I was significant enough for random people who live a million miles away to want to read my blog. I don't know why, I just think it's pretty cool to have someone you don't even know have an interest in your opinions, what you ate for lunch, or what you dreamt about last night. But again, that might just be me?
I do however take some pleasure in being an unimportant individual. Every day is different, some days I want to be noticed, but others, I want to walk through town and be invisible. I like having times where I don't have to have an opinion or have to have a say. Life's easier on those days.
But back to my original point; we all think we're mega important in life. To ourselves, of course we are, but to that random guy living in Iran, my life is insignificant. It's nice to have days where we feel important, worth something, or just generally acknowledged. But I think it's definietly important to be realistic and grounded; we're all just people. Just skin, bones and organs. That's where we're all the same. Add in emotions and you have yourslef religion, culture and subculture. But no one is more important just because they can sing pitch perfect, or write outstanding novels.
Think about life in scale to the country, the world, the universe. Whether I write this blog or not, it all continues, it all carrys on. We're all insignificant. But we can dream we're something bigger. It gives us hope and motivation. If that's what we need, then why not?
No babe, that makes you vain ;) - You'd hate being vein. What with your needle issue and all.
ReplyDeleteConsider this thought. When you say something, anything, heck when you twitch; Melanie bursts into fits of giggles.
Right?
Well Mel acting like such a fool makes me laugh; I'm in a good mood when I laugh.
Following?
And as I'm in a good mood I think to myself "You know what? I'll tidy the kicthen for Mum, because I love her."
See where I'm going with this?
So mum comes home, perhaps she doesn't directly notice the clean kitchen; but she doesn't get stressed cleaning it herself. So she's in a better mood that evening.
It's obvious what my point is, but I shall continue anyway.
So Dad comes home; mum's in a good mood, Andrew's out as usual, Ciara has Mel and Sharni over so they're in the cabin. Someone gets lucky ;)
... So basically this chain of pleasure goes on until it reaches someone at their PC, who passes on the chain to their sister on holiday in Egypt. Who then gives an extra large tip to the camel-driver. Who then, in a good mood, calls his cousin in Iran. And blah blah blah: that random guy in Iran has his day brightened. For some people even a tiny bit of light in a day is enough to get them through.
My point is; don't underestimate your reach. These chains and shit do actually happen.