Friday, 11 March 2011

My overdue DVD rental from Miss Ciara Greer.

She hates me for it I know. Like me, Ciara has OCD on her shelves, and DVD’s have a certain order and shelf etc. This, to some, is extremely sad; however, I often receive texts from her about a page and a half long ranting on how her mum has moved a few objects in her room...
"OMFG! Stop changing my room bitch!! Shoes go on the fucking floor, fancy pillow goes on TOP and clothes are FINE on the chair!! If you touch my books or films again I'm not coming back! My room is NOT A MESS, people will not judge you for visible schoolwork! How 'bout I fuck up all your shit so next time you want something it looks like an inquisition hit you had to search so hard! Oh and ... NOTHING GOES ON THE HARRY POTTER SHELF!"

So you can kind of get the idea where this is going. I believe that she lent me Sweeney Todd and Cruel Intentions back in December or November. I still have them. AND I’ve only watched Sweeney Todd, so I guess I’ll write something about that.
I loved it, purely because Johnny Depp is in it. Other than that, it wasn’t too bad. I’d watch it again, so it must have been alright. However, and I honestly didn’t know this, as Ciara failed to mention that it was a friggin’ musical!! So I’m watching the beginning, in bed, with some form of chocolate or sweets or whatever, and I’m rummaging through the packet to get a more desirable flavour of whatever I’m eating, and I hear the most frightful sound. Johnny Depp, with his beautiful face... SINGING. I literally cringed. I honestly thought I wouldn’t be able to watch it, but I continued, in hope that the singing would stop. It didn’t. But somehow I managed to kind of block it out as being cringey and think of it more as part of the story. And then, gradually, I became immune to the cringing and it became normal. Helena Bonham Carter is absolutely amazing in it, although, honestly I think she’s just an amazing actress in general, she never fails to grip you and pull you inside of the story.
I guess more than anything I just found it so bloody violent. I mean, I’ve seen some violent films before, but this was just, different. If you haven’t seen it, don’t let the singing put you off, watch it, it’s good. But just be prepared for a bit of, well, blood. I didn’t expect it, although, also being quite dim I should have realised that it was an 18 for a reason. Perhaps because of the musical twist? Nope, generally because of the blood and violence. Don’t let that put you off either, it’s not THAT bad, just don’t be expecting the sweet story of Edward Scissorhands, (another good film that I recommend).
So Ciara, if you’re reading this, which you probably are seeing as you have so much free time, I will return your DVD’s back to their place on your shelf. However, not yet, as I still need to watch Cruel Intentions, I shall probably do that tonight or at some point this weekend. Also, just to set a bit of shock into your system. I sold Grey’s Anatomy Season 4 and 5 on ebay. I KNOW! THAT’S WHAT MY LIFE HAS COME TO!

2 comments:

  1. HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW IT WAS A MUSICAL?! I Sang you one of the songs :L - I love the songs personally.

    Also, I only texted you in anger once okay :L

    For a second I thought you said Grey's One and Two and my head nearly exploded - I like how you didn't mention your family have had them for like 9 months :L

    My heart bleeds for you about having to sell your Greys.

    OH FOR GOD'S SAKE HAVE YOU NOT LEARNT BY NOW THAT I'M NOT A MACHINE?! STOP ASKING FOR PROOF OF CONCIOUS THOUGHT!! Hmm.. not as annoyed as that makes me seem :L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I completely forgot I even have your Greys :L I'll return them when we next meet because Mum's a dick who just doesnt understand the concept of HOW GOOD THEY ARE and still hasn't watched them.

    Yeah, you should have seen it! I was cuddling them the whole way to the post office.

    ReplyDelete